For the best results in smoked meats, using it correctly and properly will give you great results. If you happen to be new to choosing the best electric smokers, learning the uses of electric smoker is very easy however, you need to take your time and learn all about it. Now if you are in this position, this article can help you learn how to use a smoker even if you haven’t tried one before.
- First of all, decide on what kind of electric smoker you would like to have. With all the smokers available in the market, knowing what kind of smoker you like would really help you get started. Electric smokers are easier to use for those who are just starting so this would be a perfect start for you.
- Let’s say that you found the smoker that you like, if it comes with a manual, make sure to read it first. This will give you a better idea on how the smoker works and how you can operate it. If there are any specific instructions needed, make sure to follow the steps.
- Cure your smoker. This basically means that you need to get rid of the odor, dust and other solvents used in making the smoker; this is important if it’s brand new. Coat the racks and surfaces of the smoker with cooking oil and let it run for at least 2 hours. Once you are done curing your smoker, open the smoker and let it cool off. Note that it is important to cure the smoker before using it.
NOTE: if you already have meat prepared, go ahead and cook it in your newly cured smoker. If you don’t have any yet then go ahead and prepare the meat that you would like to cook.
- If your electric smoker uses wood chips or charcoal, go ahead and turn it on. Prepare your wood chips/charcoal and add some water on the water pan that came along with your smoker. Add about 4 cups of wood chips in the pan and make sure to refill every 3-5 hours if you are smoking meats for a long period of time.
- Check the temperature of the smoker especially the internal temperature. Adjust the temperature according to your preference.
- Once you have the temperature setting right, go ahead and place your marinated meat inside the smoker. Cooking in a smoker usually lasts 6-8 hours and if you have large portions of meat, you might have to cook it longer. Make sure that you check the wood chips or charcoal that you have filled in the pan. Set the timer for your smoker and wait for the meat to be fully cooked.
There you go simple ways to cook your meat and easy ways to cook in a smoker. If you have mastered the steps in using your smoker, you will be happy to know that there are plenty uses of electric smoker and not just smoking meat alone. So enjoy your electric smoker and make sure to try wonderful recipes that you can cook.
Learn how to use the Best wood smokers to prepare awesome meats…